During the month of April, I am taking part in the A-Z Blogging Challenge. Yep, I shall be blogging every day (but Sundays) for the whole month. Yay for you! So, without further ado, here is my first post. A is for April.
I love April. Andy Williams was wrong, THIS is the most wonderful time of the year. Why? I’ll tell you.
- The cold, dark of Winter is ebbing away and Summer is so close you can almost smell it.
- Spring is full of frolicking lambs and daffodils bursting into bloom. I defy anyone to look at a daffodil and be grumpy.
- There’s loads to look forward to. Easter, Summer holidays, heck, even Christmas. It’s an exciting time, full of anticipation.
- As we mow the lawn for the first time, this is still enough of a novelty. For me at least, this excitement at being out in the garden will soon pass.
- Did I mention Easter? Easter egg hunts, all the chocolate you can eat. It’s a no brainer.
- A good 90% of your wardrobe is suitable for Spring. Summer t-shirts can be layered with winter cardigans and your wardrobe is the most versatile it will be all year.
- Of course, April also means April Showers, but every cloud has a silver lining, and rain just means curling up indoors, preferably with a good book and or laptop.
- While we’re at it, we’ll forget that outdated tradition of Spring Cleaning as well, shall we?
Here’s to April! *raises coffee mug*
What is your favourite time of year?